- This event has passed.
Mars vehicle study workshop
February 24, 2017 @ 8:00 am - 3:00 pm EST
Do you have a document or notes you would like to share?
Click here to upload your doc
ROB VARNAS Workshop notes
Purpose of meeting: establish terms of reference for BASI Cycling Pathways to Occupy Mars (CPOM) Vehicle Study.
Purpose of Study: Establish baseline of vehicle conceptual designs for CPOM
Time and location: February 24, 2017 8AM-5PM
1050 W. NASA BLVD, Melbourne, FL (Room TBA)
Institutional attendees (roles):
· Florida Tech: study lead
· Purdue: architecture integration, transportation vehicle design
· University of Houston: surface system and habitation systems
· ULA (?): cis-lunar transportation, refueling systems
· NASA KSC (?): requirements development
· Study objectives: Buzz Aldrin, Andy Aldrin (BASI)
· Background—a few briefings on current activities relevant to the study
o The CPOM Architecture Buzz Aldrin, Sarag Sakia
o Commercial Cislunar Architectures: Bernard Kutter
o UH habitation studies
· Assumptions—what are the driving assumptions we need to bound the study?
· Scope—The scope of CPOM is large, we need to determine which specific systems we will design
· Requirements –What are the performance requirements the architecture and individual systems must meet? Are there other design requirements we wish to impose?
· Methodology—How are we going to conduct the study? How do we ensure that designs are comparable, and compatible?
· Roles, responsibilities—who is doing what? What are the study interfaces, and who will manage them?
· Logistics—the boring stuff we usually either forget to talk about, or spend the entire meeting discussing.
· Schedule—What factors are driving schedule?